Good Landlord Program
Live classes will be held at the RHA Utah Offices in Sandy once a month. Classes will still be offered online for those that cannot, or do not wish to, attend in person.
Next Good Landlord Live Session
Friday, December 8, 2023
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM (MDT)
230 W. Towne Ridge Pkwy #175
Sandy, UT 84070
We will cover
- Basic guidelines to being a landlord
- Best practices and policies in property management
- Fair Housing basics and landlord/tenant discrimination (including esa/comfort animals)
- Tenant screening and background checks
- Evictions and dealing with tenant issues
- Abandoned property and abandoned premises
- Deposits and dealing with damage to property
- As well as a few other rules and guidelines to being a landlord in Utah
Good Landlord Live
The Good Landlord class (AKA property management 101) is the base legal class the RHA of Utah offers on landlord laws in the state of Utah. This course is taught live at several times throughout the year.
- Full Class - 4 Hrs for those who have never taken the class $59
- Refresher Class - 2 Hrs ( 9 AM to 11 AM) for those that have taken it at least once before $40
Good Landlord Online
Click the link below to purchase the online class.
Click Checkout and create an account to complete the purchase and begin your class
If you are a Real Estate Agent and would like CE credit, be sure to enter your license number when you create your account
Follow the instructions to begin, or click the Classes link to find your enrolled classes
5. When all the course sections are complete, you will have a link to download your certificate directly from the completed course page
Once you have purchased the class you will receive an email confirmation (as well as a website one) with a link to the class
you will be prompted to login or create a separate account for this course.
For a schedule of classes, or to register, please view our calendar
The Good Landlord class (AKA property management 101) is the base legal class the RHA of Utah offers on landlord laws in the state of Utah. Some cities require you to take this class in order to receive a "good landlord discount" on your business license fees. This class is good for all cities in the state and is a wealth of broad knowledge on landlord law.